I have been meaning to finish this entry which I started some months ago, so when I read this, I was more than adamant to get this published.
Hence, this is what I have come up with (NB - these are based on those who make themselves known to me only, and I guess there are still so many who are silent bloggers):
- This blog has reunited me or at least, connected me with approximately 100 people who have known me before but never been in touch with me ranging from 1 year to as long as 20 years ago; at least 10 relatives, approximately 10 acquaintances/friends from the past (Azuradec, Rara, etc.), at least 6 high-school juniors (Raz, AZ, Nadia, Adeeb, Fifah, etc.), 10 high-school seniors (Kak Wardi, Kak Sameena, Kak Annie, etc.), at least 20 of my high-school mates of the same batch (F.Asmak - I don't believe it!, Sham, Nora, Zalie, Ismah, Atie, etc.), friends during uni days (Roti Kacang Merah, etc.), at least 10 of my ex-colleagues (Han, Kak Zuri, Rinn, Razmi, Kak Ainul, etc.), at least 10 of the late Mr D's friends/ex-colleagues (Nain & Zaza, Kak Ni, etc.), and a handful of ex-students (Atiq from Jordan, etc.).
- I have made friends with approximately 50 new friends through this blog, of whom I have either met (mamasarah, mynn, Halwafy, ileena, Minci, Hila, Murni, Kak Yati & Abang Hariri), received a phone call (Kak Teh, kd, Anita, Darling, Juwaidah, mki), received a text message (Kak Elle, Mak Lang, Kak Rina, Simah, Syana, Zakiah, Azzah8, Dilla Ncl, Haq Dad of 4+1, Hizwani, Maz from KK, Rozlina from S'pore, Nureen, Hazlina, Suaniza, and numerous others who never really identified themselves so I labelled them Silent Blogger 1 - 6), become friends in Facebook (Ruby, Eddie, Marfin de Rina, Sawiah), received an email (Rd, Delliya, Nurmazilah, myheartbleeds), or received extended wishes/salams from. I now have 33 names of people whom I have known via the blogosphere in my mobile phone.
- Another category which is rather difficult to calculate is the wonderful bloggers I have made friends with entirely within the blogosphere, i.e: whom I have not met or received a phone call/text message/email/FB invite. Friendship somehow blossomed through the frequent hopping to and fro blogs, and the comments left after entries. A quick mental calculation would sum up to approximately 30 of them (ahni, ajzie, baiti, umi kalthum, Anggerik Merah, Cik Dinz, Don't be sad, helena, ibu, kak long, lady istanbul, mama beas, May 13, matredo1, merapuman, milah, kc, elara, mummydini, nj, rad, raiedzall, kak lady, uncle lee, mulan, and of course many more).
- This is an important category and very personal - those who I've known for more than a decade and NEVER lost touch with me for the past 2 years. Some are active bloggers (BAMZ107, Sis Zabrina, Bluewonder and Aidareza), while most, are silent readers (KaypoKlub girls, of course!). These are special close friends of mine.
- Then of course, there are others who don't really fall into any of the above categories but are regulars to my blog - whenever I am in hiatus, they'd text/email/ring me (you know who you are). So thoughtful and caring!! Well, I don't even need to be in hiatus for them to get in touch with me, really...
My horrible Maths has therefore managed to total all that up to: approximately 80 new friends and possibly more than 100 old friends of whom I have managed to gain through this humble blog of mine. Remember, I have only put up those brave souls who have kindly introduced themselves to me. There are others who are still tiptoeing in and out these pages, for fear of being spotted and recognised. HeHe... An entry written in the past on this topic of tip-toeing can be read here.
Thank you all!
Apologies for putting up names in this entry - it's my way of acknowledging you - and most probably leaving out some (this can be intentional too!).