- It's alright if you spot a mouse or two scuttering in a corner of your house because some rat poison should get it down somewhere (hopefully not in the house!).
- It's alright if the vacuum cleaner suddenly fails to suck up dust effectively because a duster and pan works equally well.
- It's alright if your toilet begins to rumble and sputter, because with a little bit of jiggle and wriggle, and a shout to the landlord, it'll soon be okay.
- It's alright if you find slug trails in the landing area of your house - just wipe it off and pour some salt where you think it came from.
- Even if your laptop decides to sabotage you, it's alright.
- If your eldest sister is freaking out for fear of the cancer, offer kind words of inspiration and motivation - it's alright.
Really, it's not the end of the world. Allah is always by our side - no matter where, no matter when, no matter what. It's all a test. And that's what I've been telling the children, even though they seem to be the ones more anxious than the mommy.